Monday, August 22, 2011

What kind of cell would you like to be and why?



Today my homework was to choose what do I want to be, from the cells, and write the blog post about it. When I got the homework first, I was like,
 "WHAT? DO I REALLY HAVE TO BE A CELL? WELL, I DON'T WANT TO BE A CELL T^T 
I JUST WANT TO LIVE AS A HUMAN!!!" 
.....hahaha......anyway, before I talk about the cell that I want to be, let's see how do they look like. 

(here we go :D) 
Prokaryotic cell













Pro = “before”, karyon = “nucleus”


This is the prokaryotic cell, which is, a group of organisms that lack a cell nucleus (= karyon), or any other membrane-boundorganelles. it is different with eukaryotic cells, which is my second option, because The organisms that have a cell nucleus are called eukaryotes.


So, this is the picture of the eukaryotic cells; animal eukaryotic cell and plant eukaryotic cell.


Animal Eukaryotic cell
Plant Eukaryotic cell
these two are the Eukaryotic cells. 


Eu = “true”, karyon = “nucleus”


so, what's the difference between those cells? what kind of examples does they have?


the common fact that prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells have are these things.

  • they both have DNA
  • they both have ribosome
  • they both have flagella
  • they can reproduce, and also divide
  • they both have RNA and cell walls 
and so on... :D
After researching about both cells, I decided to be a Eukaryotic cell! 

These are the reason why ↓

I liked the RNA, which work as a messenger, and I thought it's really cool!!! 
And also the golgi opparatus, which do the packaging for the protein! really, it's awesome :)
I liked that eukaryotic cell (plant) has the chloroplast, which capture the light energy to conserve free energy. I think it is really cool. :D hehe








No comments:

Post a Comment